Facebook page ownership can now be changed

One of the biggest complaints owners of Facebook Pages have had is that once a page is created, it was owned by that person forever. It caused quite a dilemma for a company that wanted to set up a fan page because it meant it might be owned by a person who would eventually leave the company. That’s changed.

Now, any administrator of a page can remove any other administrator. It means ownership can be transferred from one person to another – something many companies have wanted for quite some time. That in itself is a double edged sword, but there’s another bit of power that comes along with this change that even more troubling. Any admin can now delete a page.

What this means, is that before making someone an admin of your page, you need to make darn sure that person is trustworthy. You certainly don’t want to misjudge someone and end up with them hijacking your page!

I think Facebook is on the right track, but rather than giving all admins the same rights, I’d like to see a two-tier setup, with owners and admins. The owners would be the only ones with the rights to delete a page, but they could promote someone else as an owner as well. Then, if the original owner chooses to, she would be able to relinquish ownership to another owner. Yahoo Groups has this feature, and it makes more sense than the way Facebook has things set up at the moment. Hopefully this is just an interim change though, and they’ll be fine tuning it soon.

The bottom line is that if you work for a company and set up a Fan Page for them, you can later hand over that page to someone else if necessary. This is a huge upgrade!

Free Updates!
If you enjoyed this article, get email updates (it's free).

, ,

100 Responses to Facebook page ownership can now be changed

1. Nathan Richie June 15, 2010 at 3:06 pm #

Glad to see they’re finally addressing this issue.

I agree with you they need to have a tiered system. As an agency developing pages for clients, the last thing you want is an accident on client side.

While you can transfer ownership via admin assignment now, they also need to make it so you can transfer via verified email account.

2. keepingitonethousand June 15, 2010 at 5:10 pm #

Valuable information!

3. Sue Rostvold June 15, 2010 at 5:42 pm #

I didn’t know about this change. Thanks for posting. You’ve got a good point about the two-tier set up. Are you going to go downtown Austin to the Facebook offices and suggest this? :)

4. Therese June 16, 2010 at 12:45 pm #

HA! I suppose I should. Facebook would listen to me, right? ;)

5. AnonymousCoward June 17, 2010 at 4:59 pm #

Can you explain the steps to do this? Is there documentation on how to do this somewhere? Thanks.

• Therese June 20, 2010 at 7:25 pm #

If you’re an admin, and need to remove another admin:
      – login to your Facebook page
      – click on Edit Page
      – over to the right you’ll see a list of all the admins for that page. To remove someone, click Remove Admin under that person’s name.

Keep in mind that any admin can remove any other admin. So, if you set the page up originally and want other people to help you, make sure you trust those people not to delete you!

6. Facebook admin July 11, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

OK so this is all great, except that I think you could always do this? The real issue is that the page is still tied to the person’s Facebook account regardless of whether they administer the page or not. Thus, if they delete their Facebook page for any reason, the page will forever be gone.

What needs to happen is that a page can be transferred entirely to another person’s Facebook account by the original owner. In my case, I am the owner of a business and one of my employees was asked to do some social marketing for us, so she created our Facebook fan page. She is soon leaving our employ, but cannot remove our fan page from being tied to her personal account. Should she ever close her Facebook account, it will terminate our fan page. Not a good scenario.

7. Facebook admin July 11, 2010 at 4:34 pm #

Also important to note that I assume, since she is still the technical “owner” of the page, even if she is removed as an admin, she can still delete the page as the owner of the page that is associated with her Facebook account? That would make sense… but I cannot find anything that directly addressed that being the case.

• Therese July 17, 2010 at 12:42 pm #

I think I’ve got the answer to your question, but am working on it. It was such a good question, I did a new post about it:
      If a former Facebook page admin deletes her profile, what happens to page?

• rajesh shukla August 20, 2012 at 6:37 am #

hi

i was admin of a group with one of my friend, few days ago facebook deleted my friends id and i left the group so now no admin is there, what to do now? how i can get the admin again??

please help

• Therese August 23, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

If you left the group, and are no longer an admin, there really isn’t much you can do. The group would need an admin to appoint you as an admin. You can try writing to Facebook, but I doubt you’ll have much luck. :(

8. Sam July 26, 2010 at 5:22 pm #

What if your Fan Page has 2 admins and Facebook deletes the account of one of them (the creator of the page)? This would be a disaster for businesses!

• Therese August 3, 2010 at 10:07 am #

My guess is that the page would still exist and it would be owned by the other admin.

9. John August 25, 2010 at 9:48 am #

I am having the same issue – a marketing firm developed our facebook page (www.facebook.com/energystead). However, they are no longer involved (but at least all good terms). I removed everyone as an admin but myself. I tried creating an application so that I can post the feeds/likes/etc on our regular website, but whenever I try to create an app, it pulls up my personal profile and does not let me choose my page. I’m wondering how long it will take so that the page itself is transferred over to my ownership? Any additional thoughts? Thanks!

• Therese August 28, 2010 at 10:42 pm #

My first thought is that there’s something you’re not doing quite right in your app. If you are the only admin on the page then you own the page. It happens as soon as the other people are removed. If you’re using the FB badge feature, be sure you don’t pick the one for the profile. I’m wondering if that’s what you did.

10. Maddy August 28, 2010 at 11:37 pm #

Thank you so much! You saved my page!!!

• Therese August 29, 2010 at 6:44 pm #

Awww, and thanks for letting me know the post was helpful :)

11. Marketer Matt November 19, 2010 at 11:06 pm #

OMG! It took me 20 minutes to find an answer to this question. Google’s still showing crappy old Facebook help forums from ’09 about this topic. Anyway… thanks for the post. It was exactly what I was looking for.

• Therese November 21, 2010 at 2:10 pm #

Glad I could help!

12. Pam December 6, 2010 at 11:06 am #

I hid 2 friends from my profile page awhile ago with their posts as I was getting their posts on my home page. I would now like to add their posts to my profile page. How do I do that? Hope you can help.

• Therese December 6, 2010 at 12:01 pm #

To unhide your friends, go to your Home tab, scroll down to the very bottom and you’ll see an “options” link. Click on that and you can remove them from the hide list.

13. Olivia January 6, 2011 at 10:22 am #

So what if I have 3 other admins on my fanpage. If I temporarily deactivate my account, will my page still be open! I don’t want to delete my FB fan page!

• Therese January 11, 2011 at 9:35 pm #

I believe you will be an admin after you reactivate your page. I have an admin on one of my pages who deactivated her personal profile. When she did so, her name did not show up on my list of admins. But, when she reactivated it, she showed back up as an admin. I would think the same is true for anyone who originally created the fan page but I can’t say 100%. An alternative to disabling your account though is to change your profile privacy settings to be on the highest security levels.

14. Patrick February 3, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

Would you happen to know if it is possible to migrate a Facebook short URL from a personal profile to a Facebook Page? We have an issue here at the American Cancer Society where someone created a personal page and took a particularly valuable Short URL when they created their username and we’d like to get it back.

Any assistance you can offer would be much appreciated.

Patrick
    American Cancer Society
    Division HQ
    Atlanta, GA

• Therese February 3, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

If you own both the profile and the page, you might be able to switch the two. I’ve never tried it, but one of my clients was able to switch, but she owned both the profile and the page.

If I understand your question correctly though, it sounds like you’re not in control of the profile that has the url you want. If that’s the case, you’re probably out of luck unless there’s some type of copyright infringement going on. For example, if the URL was coca-cola, and I used it, Coca Cola would probably come after me and win.

15. Russell March 4, 2011 at 3:02 pm #

I was working for a company. I created a company facebook fan page using my own personal facebook account and log-in credentials. I have left the company – is there a way to transfer the company fan page to another facebook account where someone with the company can have access without having to go through my personal facebook account?

• Therese March 4, 2011 at 3:19 pm #

Yes, all you need to do is make someone else, who has a personal profile, an admin. To do this click on Edit Page, manage admins, and type in the person’s name. If you’re a friend their picture should show up on the page. Once you make them admin you can unadmin yourself. Before you admin yourself though, I’d be sure the other person got the notification and can get into the admin area of the page.

• Corinne February 2, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

I think you may have answered most of the same question I have, but what about the password?

I created a page for an organization and am moving out of state. There was one other admin and I just added a second. When I did that, I had to submit the password to make the change – the password is also the same to get to my personal page. If I remove myself as the admin, the other 2 will be able to log on, make changes, change admins, etc. using their own personal password for their own personal page or is there a master password that all admins use?

• Therese February 2, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

Hi Corinne, you’re right…the admin will use their own password. There is no master password, so you don’t have to worry about them getting into your personal account.

16. Russell March 4, 2011 at 3:24 pm #

Thanks Therese – but just want to make sure I havethe full answer. I am aware that i can add another admin and delete myself, but in order to get to this fan page, can the new admin log in to a facebook account using their credentials, to get on the fan page, without logging in as me on my facebook account? If my faceboook login email account is jons@123.com, and I delete myself as admin, can the new admin get to this page and make changes by logging in on his own facebook login email account , bobs@123.com

• Therese March 4, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

Yes, if you make that other person the admin they will have the ability to login to their account and make changes to the page. Essentially, they will be an owner of the page. But again, make sure that person knows you’re turning the page over to them and have them make sure they can get to the page before you remove yourself as admin.

17. Chicken Soup March 21, 2011 at 6:52 pm #

Note that this violates the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities; specifically, s.s. 4.9, “You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.”

I’m not sure how aggressively they’re enforcing this stuff, but in my experience it’s better to know the rules–and the consequences–before you start breaking them =P

• Therese March 21, 2011 at 7:42 pm #

I’m not sure this is much of a concern, unless you’re doing something sinister with the page. Facebook actually gives instructions on how to change admins here. You’ll also find the change announced on quite a few blogs, like AllFacebook.com that are more in the know about Facebook issues than the general public.

• ch1ck3n.s0up March 21, 2011 at 9:15 pm #

It’s no concern at all, unless the stars become misaligned, you pull the death card, and FB decides to disable your account.

Friendster, Myspace, Facebook.. I’m honestly starting to count the days until the next generation arrives. FB just doesn’t seem to have the proper infrastructure for today’s business needs.

18. Suzanne April 1, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

So is there any hint that facebook might move toward the two-tiered structure suggested by Therese in the blog?

• Therese April 2, 2011 at 12:09 am #

I haven’t seen or heard anything about them doing it, but I keep hoping – and I know I’m not the only one.

19. Warren April 20, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

Do you know how to change ownership if you can’t get the other person to add you as an admin?

• Therese April 20, 2011 at 6:48 pm #

The only way would be for them to give you the login for that account.

• Warren April 21, 2011 at 1:44 pm #

They can’t get the login info from the person. I’m trying to find out if there’s some way Facebook can make the change. Have you had any luck with that?

20. Jeremy June 8, 2011 at 10:10 pm #

Our church has a facebook page, but the people who were in charge of that page are no longer with our church. This has fallen into my lap, and I have no information regarding the login information for that page. Is there anyway to contact Facebook to either delete that page or to verify my credentials and obtain access for that Facebook page?

• Therese June 9, 2011 at 12:12 am #

You can try to get in touch with Facebook, but it’s not too likely they’ll do much to help. Remember there are over 500 million people using Facebook, so unless you’re spending a lot of advertising dollars with them, you’re way down on the totem pole! Is there a way you can have the former admins login and make you an admin of the page? If so, that would be your best bet.

21. Brital June 22, 2011 at 2:52 pm #

I accidentally unadmined myself, and now my site’s pretty much useless cause no one can edit it to add me back. So how to I get ahold of editing the like page?

• Therese June 22, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

If there are no other admins to make you an admin, you’re pretty much out of luck. To my knowledge, Facebook doesn’t have any procedure in place to reclaim a page.

22. Anjaana Ladka November 15, 2011 at 2:46 am #

Hello sir, I need ur help….. I made a page with the name ** teri yaad**.. There were more than 8 admin…. Now all the admin removed me…. I wanna get it back… how can i get it back…..Plz reply m on my mail… Thank u….

23. Supersis December 30, 2011 at 10:32 pm #

I create a page for our church I thought but now it is under places with no way to edit. Can you give me any help on how to delete and start over if I can not see an edit button? When you search it now show 2 under Places (one I can still edit) and one under Pages (Company) but this one has no information associated with it. Looks like this one is a community page. HELP!!!!

24. Mack January 17, 2012 at 12:24 am #

Hi i can’t post or change pictures in facebook page, could some pls let me know whats the issue is and how can i resolve this ?

25. keicei January 19, 2012 at 11:52 am #

how to remove or canceled a facebook ownership?? pls some body helf me ;(

• Therese January 19, 2012 at 12:04 pm #

I’m not sure exactly what you mean. Can you be more specific? Are you wanting to revoke admin privileges from someone?

26. keicei January 19, 2012 at 12:09 pm #

• Therese January 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm #

You will need to be an admin to do this:

Go to the page in question
      Click Edit Page (upper right)
      Click Manage Admins (on the left)
      You’ll see a list of admins. Find the one you want to remove and click Remove.

Keep in mind it’s a good idea to have at least 2 admins on a page. That way if one person gets loses access to their account, for whatever reason, someone can still manage the page.

27. Therese Silvent February 6, 2012 at 11:53 am #

Is there an advantage in having a Fan Page for one’s business associated with a Personal Account rather than a Business Account (cannot invite your friends to join directly)? I have a client with 10 likes for a Fan Page associated with a business account and wonder if there is an advantage in “moving” this page to her personal account? I have already made her admin on the Fan Page (personal account). Should I simply delete the business account as you describe rather than deleting/recreating the page? Or should I do nothing at all and let the Fan Page live with the business account? Thank you!

28. Therese February 6, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

I would definitely not use a personal profile for a business. The Facebook TOS states that profiles are for people and pages are for businesses. I’ve heard from too many people who have had their profiles (set up for a biz) deleted. It’s not worth the risk. Having said that, it’s perfectly fine to have a business page, but to also use your personal profile (in your name) to connect with clients.

29. Therese Silvent February 6, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

The configuration I have is: Personal Account and also a Business Account with one fan page that has been created under the Business Account. Wondering if this is the optimal approach or if the Fan Page should have been created under the Personal Account?

• Therese February 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

I’m not sure what you mean. Do you have a personal account set up on a profile, along with a business page attached to it? If so, and if you don’t have another “person” set as an admin, that may pose a problem. If your business profile is deleted you will have no way to get into the business page. It’s always important to have at least one personal (personal profile) set as an admin to a page. More than one admin is preferable in case one of the admins’ page can’t be accessed for some reason.

30. Manu Janssens February 12, 2012 at 9:27 am #

I created a page for my band. I was the only admin. After awhile, I allowed the singer to be an admin and she did alright for several months. Recently, the band decided she wasn’t working out and had to let her go. In spite, she removed me as an admin to the page I created. Convincing her to reverse her angry action is not possible. We are concerned that because she is mentally unstable, she will spout off damaging publicity for us as a result of her termination from the band. How do I go about regaining control of MY band page?? I would delete my personal account if necessary. Help.

31. Jette March 7, 2012 at 9:08 am #

How do you get admin-rights over a Facebookpage – which “has been created by Facebook – because people pointes it out as their workingplace?

It has Likes – so I do not want to loose them and create a new one. It it possible to be the admin over this.

32. Ted March 25, 2012 at 10:44 am #

I created a fan page for my business using my personal FB profile. I have added several apps (twitter, networked blogs, a fan gate, links to reports, etc.). Each of these has asked for permission to access my FB account, so they all use permissions linked to my personal profile.

I would like to switch page ownership over to a more professional personal profile. I understand how to switch admins; the question is whether all my apps will be disabled in the process.

33. Prasanna April 22, 2012 at 11:52 am #

Hi ,

I created a business page with my personal account . now i want to transfer that business page to another account of my partner . how do i do it . kindly help me .

• Therese April 24, 2012 at 8:29 am #

Set your business partner as an admin, then he/she can remove you as admin.

34. Anonymous April 24, 2012 at 5:11 am #

Is a Facebook account transferable too? Like can I bequeath/transfer it to someone? Thanks

• Therese April 24, 2012 at 8:25 am #

To transfer your page to someone else, add them as an admin, then remove yourself as admin. I suppose you could bequeath it in a will, but you’d have to make sure they have access to the page. Setting someone as admin would be the way to do it.

35. Anonymous April 24, 2012 at 11:09 am #

Hi Therese, I was actually talking about THE ACCOUNT ITSELF and not a Facebook page?

36. Anthony D May 21, 2012 at 10:36 am #

Please help! Great post. So, someone create a FB page for a FB page I manage. They made me an admin but in order for me to add other admins, I need the password created with the account. The password is the personal password of the person who created the FB page and they wont hand over (understandable). How do I get past this? The person who created the page, would like to be removed as an admin too. I want to be the sole admin for now and remove the past owner. How do I accomplish this? Please help!

• Therese May 21, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

Unless Facebook is rolling out some new changes, any admin is able to delete another admin. To try this out, I had someone set up a page and make me admin. I was able to remove her as admin with no problems. You’re an admin of the page, right? If so, when it asks for a password to remove the other admin, enter the password for your personal profile. That should work.

• Anthony D May 21, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

THANK YOU!!

37. Billy June 11, 2012 at 6:53 am #

Hi Therese!

Great post, and some awesome answers that I have been looking for. I have 2 questions…

1. Can any admin DELETE THE PAGE??

2. And could another admin restore that page after it’s been deleted??

Thanks…

• Therese June 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm #

Hi Billy,

Facebook recently changed the admin features, and now there are 5 levels of admins. Manager admins are the only ones who can delete or restore a page now. Under the old way, all admins had the same rights, which meant that any admin could delete a page. Take a look at my latest post for more info on the new admin features. http://www.socialmediahound.com/2012/06/01/facebook-announces-five-levels-of-page-admins/

If you have a page with multiple admins, be sure to go in and select which level of rights you want them to have. The default is manager.

38. Tina June 21, 2012 at 6:11 pm #

Hi
    Very helpful. Just one Q. Can we transfer the page even if it has more than 25 Fans and I claim its URL?

39. Faye July 2, 2012 at 5:33 am #

DELETE THE PAGE??
    I don’t know how that happened, but I got 2 pages on Facebook. I’m only using one, on which I recently aded some photos.
    Can the first old page can be delited?

Regards

• Therese July 2, 2012 at 8:13 am #

Yes, you can delete a page. Go do your page, click on the Edit Page/Manage Permissions (at the top of your admin panel). At the bottom of the page you’ll see a link to delete the page. Click on it to delete the page.

40. Fashionista July 11, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

Now I cant add other people as admins on my page, but before i used to. How can i add them?

41. J August 10, 2012 at 4:19 pm #

Hello.

Is it possible for me to gain ownership/access to a page that is under my name but made by another person? It was a ‘fan’ page that became stagnant and I would want to keep that page active but I do not have admin rights to it.

Thanks!

• Therese August 13, 2012 at 9:47 am #

The person who currently owns it will need to give you admin rights.

42. Nick September 30, 2012 at 11:28 pm #

The peson who set up our business Facebook page has left and I assume the page is linked to her account. I am the buisness owner so there is there anyway to get Facebook to move it accross to me?

• Therese October 1, 2012 at 7:09 am #

You’ll need to have that former employee give you admin rights. If she won’t do so you can file a copyright infringement violation. Don’t expect instant results though, it may take a while for Facebook to get back to you. Here’s where you would do that: http://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?id=208282075858952

If you do get the page back, and if you set someone else up to help manage the page for you, don’t make them an “Manager.” Managers are the owners of the page and cannot be removed by lower level admins.

Good luck!

43. Lindon davies October 5, 2012 at 6:42 am #

Hi, I set up a business page on Facebook in July 2011. In April 2012, I thought we had sold the business, so I made the new owner an Admin. Unfortunately, the new owner is denying buying the business and in July this year they change the company name on the page and continue to market their products to all of our customers. We are dealing with solicitors, but I just wondered if there is something we can do. I have tried contacting facebook but never get a reply.

Regards

Lindon Davies

44. Linda October 10, 2012 at 6:29 am #

Hi, If there are 3 managers of a facebook site and we would like to change 2 person to a lower level, Content creator, would they get an e-mail notification about the change? Thanks a lot!

• Therese October 10, 2012 at 6:34 am #

Hi Linda, I’m not sure actually. I haven’t experimented with that scenario. I’m guessing you don’t want the person to know, correct? If that’s the case, and you need to try it with someone let me know if you’d like me to be your guinea pig.

• Lindon Davies October 10, 2012 at 6:39 am #

Hi
      Unfortunately, the gentleman as taken all rights away from our orginal page and we cannot even access it. I have tried to take this up with facebook, because the company who have gained control of our page have now changed the company name slightly (from Chrome UK to Chrome North West) and promoting all of our old products to our old customers. Facebook dont want to know.

• Therese October 10, 2012 at 6:46 am #

It sounds like you’ve got a pretty tough situation. Depending on how much you want to pursue it, it might be time to talk to an attorney.

45. Lindon Davies October 10, 2012 at 6:51 am #

Hi Therese

Thanks for the reply, I have had to instruct solicitors against him now for non payment of the business, but so frustrating that Facebook will not see that I created the page and only gave him admin rights. To this day I dont know how he has managed to remove me completely from the page

46. Suzanne October 21, 2012 at 11:52 am #

My husband created a business fb page, and went to make someone else an admin. When he typed in the name of the person that he wanted to make admin, the picture remained blank (possibly because they were not fb friends yet), and he clicked on ok, and entered in password. Now he seems to have removed his own admin access because he doesn’t have the option to edit the page. But he still receives email notifications etc. He did not try to unadmin himself. He checked with the person that he was trying to make admin, and she never received anything, and now he cannot see any of the page settings to see is the admin.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!!

• Therese October 21, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

That’s very strange. If you just did that within the past day or two, I would give it another day or two before you panic. I’ve heard of some other really odd glitches lately so hopefully that’s all this is.

• suzanne October 21, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

It happened on thursday. Glad to hear that it’s not us! Lol. I message all the other people on fb with the same name to see if they received any notifcations, luckily it’s a unique name. But so far nothing yet.

47. farah December 2, 2012 at 11:51 pm #

hey!

i would like to appreciate you for such an informative stuff.
    i have one query which you might have a solution for…transferring admin roles or removing one admin is all clear enough but how to change the owner of a page (page creator)?
    what if i want to remove a person who has created my page? will i be able to take over all his rights if i remove him as the manager.
    looking towards your guidance.

• Therese December 3, 2012 at 11:23 am #

Anyone who is a Manager has full rights on the page, including the ability to remove other managers. So, if you’re a manager you will can remove him and still be able to manage all aspects of the page.

• fernleebaby December 3, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

My question is exactly the same farah’s on 2 December 2012 at 11:51pm. My rescue page was created under the personal page of someone no longer associated with the rescue. I have removed that person as admin. Now I want to move the page to my own personal page ASAP. Can you tell me specifically how to do that? It’s still not quite clear. I have full access to the creator’s personal page but only for a short time longer. Thank you.

48. Gina December 5, 2012 at 3:03 am #

Hello Therese. This is my issue.
    I am new in Facebook and instead of creating 2 pages (with the specific URLs that i require) within the same account, i created 2 different accounts with 1 page each (with the required URL for each page). The question is this:
    Is there a way to transfer the page of account 2 as a page in account 1 without loosing the page’s URL?

49. Serena December 8, 2012 at 8:53 pm #

Im trying to login to my active facebook. How can I access it with my facebook email address. I dont want to start a new page.

50. hassaan December 24, 2012 at 2:06 am #

hi,
    i was admin of an organization,
    some one hacked one of our id and then removed all our admin privilege
    hacker hadn’t post or delete any thing on page
    so how could we able to get admin privilege
    regards
    hassaan
    +923343029951

51. Amoc Kibe January 8, 2013 at 4:29 am #

Sory i was a manager of my page later a add a 1 manager thereafter he make me as a content creator so wat can i do? I want to return in my position As a manager coz i’m da page creator and owner

Help me plz

• Kim August 14, 2013 at 12:01 pm #

That is the same thing that happened to me. Shouldn’t the created have some sort of “ownership” to the page even if we add other admins or “managers” onto the page. We can feel that we won’t be delete off the page or get changed to a content creator. Facebook needs to change this.

• Therese August 14, 2013 at 1:18 pm #

It seems to make sense that it would be that way, but it’s not. I don’t know why Facebook doesn’t have some sort of feature that gives one person ownership no matter what. I’ve heard of way too many people who trusted someone enough to make them manager, and then had the page hijacked.

52. Jaymie Shook January 25, 2013 at 7:53 am #

Any ideas on removing myself from being the content creator of a page? I have emailed and messaged the admin, but he hasn’t responded. I’m sick of seeing notifications for a page I no longer work on!

53. Alan Collinson April 2, 2013 at 10:08 am #

Drago Drums Facebook page. This page was set up by a partner in the company who has since left. We now find that he set up the site as an extension to his own personal Facebook page. How do we claim ownership of our site if he wont co-operate.

• Therese April 2, 2013 at 12:57 pm #

You’ll need to file a complaint with Facebook. You can do that on this page: http://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?id=360358877344441 Be sure to use your dragondrumc.co.uk email address. That way FB can see that the page is associated with your website. Good luck!

54. Alan Collinson April 2, 2013 at 10:08 am #

Correction to previous post. Dragon Drums.

55. Kat April 23, 2013 at 9:29 am #

so my Q is if you have a business that wants to sell up, how do they transfer the whole fan page to the new owner without deleting the page if it is attached to the original owners personal page and email??

• Therese April 23, 2013 at 9:59 am #

Make the new owner an admin with manager rights. At that point, the other person will be able to login to their personal profile and admin the page. If the new admin removes you as admin, or demotes you, the page will still be accessible by the new admin.