Whether you need to set up a brand new website, redesign an existing one, or set up a blog I can help. I specialize in WordPress web design for small businesses and individuals. Many of my clients own pet-related businesses such as pet sitters, dog walkers, dog daycares, and groomers. I enjoy working with a wide variety of people, and also have clients who work in the arts, healthcare, and other businesses.
When we start your new project we’ll spend a little time getting to know each other, I’ll ask about the vision you have for your new website, and ask for samples of websites that you like. All of this helps me design a website that accurately reflects you and the vision you have for your business.
I normally work with the Canvas theme for WordPress, which is responsive, quite customizable and user-friendly. It’s the platform this website is built on.
WordPress Web Design and/or Blog Installation and Setup
Pricing will vary depending on the number of pages, design, features, etc.
Here’s an example of what may be included:
- WordPress installation
- Installation and configuration of the theme for WordPress
- Basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Installing WordPress backup
- Installation of email subscriber form
- Google Analytics account setup
- Sidebar widgets for your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Creation of a blog / website header from your artwork
- Installation and configuration of plugins
- A one-hour coaching session on how to make changes on your website.
Hosting and Blog Theme Costs
Domain name and hosting (less than $100 per year)
I highly recommend hosting your blog/website with BigScoots, which includes a free domain. My second choice is GoDaddy.com. I can help set this up for you if you’d like.
Canvas Theme – $99 (a one time charge)
Every blog needs a theme, which controls the visual layout. The theme I recommend is Canvas by Woothemes. Canvas is considered an industry standard and used by many well-known bloggers.
If you have questions, or if you’re ready to get started, contact me and we’ll get started!